HONY®PA6G PA6 PA66 equivalent Nylacast Aquanyl PA 6/12
HONY®PA6G MC NYLON PA6 PA66 CNC machined part
1. High mechanical strength, good toughness, high tensile and compressive strength. The specific tensile strength is higher than that of metal, and the specific compressive strength is comparable to that of metal, but its rigidity is not as good as that of metal. The tensile strength is close to the yield strength, more than twice as high as ABS. The ability to absorb shock, stress and vibration is strong, and the impact strength is much higher than that of general plastics, and is better than acetal resin.
2. Outstanding fatigue resistance, the parts can maintain the original mechanical strength after repeated inflections. PA is often used in common escalator handrails and new bicycle plastic rims where periodic fatigue effects are extremely obvious.
3. High softening point and heat resistance (such as nylon 46, high crystalline nylon has a high heat distortion temperature and can be used for a long time at 150 degrees. After PA66 is reinforced with glass fiber, its heat distortion temperature can reach 250 degrees or more).
4. The surface is smooth, the friction coefficient is small, and it is wear-resistant. It is self-lubricating when used as a movable mechanical component and has low noise. When the friction is not too high, it can be used without lubricant; if lubricant is really needed to reduce friction or help heat dissipation, water, oil, grease, etc. can be selected. Therefore, it has a long service life as a transmission component.
5. Corrosion resistance, very resistant to alkalis and most salt liquids, also resistant to weak acids, engine oils, gasoline, aromatic compounds and general solvents, inert to aromatic compounds, but not resistant to strong acids and oxidants. It can resist the erosion of gasoline, oil, fat, alcohol, weak base, etc. and has good anti-aging ability. It can be used as packaging material for lubricating oil and fuel.
Disadvantages of nylon:
1. Poor water absorption and poor dimensional stability.
2. Poor low temperature resistance.
3. Poor antistatic property.
4. Poor heat resistance.
HONY®- Your Partner for manufacturing of products made of engineering plastics with CNC machining , We can be your reliable business partner, as we have been for a number of companies worldwide.